Pernod Ricard linked to High West Whiskey purchase
Pernod Ricard declined to comment on the report
Pernod Ricard has been named in a Bloomberg report as one of the bidders in an auction for Utah-based High West Distillery.
The article, which quoted unnamed sources, said investment bank UBS Group had been assigned to handle the sale. A source told Bloomberg the brand could fetch around US$100m.
A spokesperson for Pernod Ricard told just-drinks the company does not comment on speculation.
High West was established in 2007. According to the Utah company, it was the first legal distillery to be set up in the state since 1870. High West's CEO is John Esposito, who, in February 2015, was named chairman of Stolichnaya Group's US division. High West was founded by David and Jane Perkins.
The company could not be reached for comment.
US whiskey continues to be a major growth driver for spirits companies. Earlier this year, IWSR figures suggested North American whiskies led growth in all price segments.
Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The recent growth trajectory of non-Scotch whiskies shows no sign of waning in the 2015-20 period, with The IWSR predicting extra sales of some 74m cases over the period. Both US and Irish whiskey ben...read more
Last month, just-drinks spoke at length with Alex Ricard, the CEO of Pernod Ricard. In the first part of our exclusive interview, Ricard considered the group's recent performances in India and China. ...
Pernod Ricard Austria is expected to continue to focus on offering premium quality spirits over the forecast period in order to meet the consumer demand for premium products, and thus move up to the l...
Pernod Ricard’s strategy in Germany will continue to focus on premiumisation and innovation in order to generate added-value....
Pernod Ricard’s strategy is to remain one of the leading players in sales of wine and spirits in the country....
Pernod Ricard (S) Pte Ltd will continue to look at securing good partnerships with key players to further cement its leading position in Singapore....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets