FRANCE: Pernod Ricard lines up Lillet purchase
"The sale is agreed and will be finalised in three months when the audits are done," Bruno Borie, Lillet's owner since 1985, said today (18 January). The transaction's financial details were not disclosed.
Borie said the decision to sell had not been an easy one to make, but that it was the right thing to do. "Things are difficult these days for small businesses in the global market," he said.
About 750,000 bottles of Lillet - an orange-flavoured, wine-based aperitif - are produced annually, for a EUR3.8m (US$5.5m) turnover. Borie said the presence of the brand in the latest James Bond film, Casino Royale, helped improve sales, particularly in the US.
"In 2007 we sold 20,000 bottles there, compared to 18,000 in 2006 - an 18% increase," Borie said.
Pernod Ricard's purchase of Absolut is the latest of three colossal deals that have transformed the company into one of the giants of the global drinks stage. A timely moment therefore to speak with t...
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Pernod Ricard shares have been downgraded to "sell" from "neutral" and the price target reduced to EUR55 from EUR72, according to market sources....
The European Commission has delayed its decision on Pernod Ricard's proposed acquisition of Vin & Sprit....
Pernod Ricard has shuffled its management pack, following the appointment of two deputy MDs last week....
The CEO of Maxxium Worldwide has announced his intention to quit the marketing and distribution company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview