US: Pernod Ricard launches Wild Turkey Bourbon addition
The company said yesterday (12 September) that the limited edition, 100 proof, 15-Year-Old Bourbon, known asWild Turkey American Spirit, will be bottled at bond proof "as a mark of quality to show the consumer that the liquid in the bottle had been guaranteed by the distiller".
Pernod Ricard USA's vice president of whiskies, Joe Uranga, said: "Wild Turkey American Spirit celebrates our past and serves as our vow to continue making bourbon in the same uncompromising way."
Wild Turkey associate distiller Eddie Russell added: "The name 'American Spirit' seemed to suggest itself. Bourbon is a true American innovation, recognised by the US Congress, and embodies the character and determination of our forefathers. We at Wild Turkey Bourbon hope to continue to represent those American values as our products are enjoyed around the globe."
Wild Turkey American Spirit will be packaged in a bottle sealed with a strip stamp, in homage to the bond seal, inside a commemorative wooden box and is now available in limited quantities in the US, extending to Australia and Japan next month.
Diageo's acquisition of Bushmills Irish Whiskey from Pernod Ricard in 2005 heralded a major change for the brand. As Shivaun Lucey, global brand director, Bushmills, stresses in this month's Just the ...
Recent deals by both Diageo and Edrington underline the growth potential major spirits companies see in the premium rum market. Jessica Harvey examines the latest moves in the context of a growing and...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating upgraded by ING, owing to good results....
Pernod Ricard has promoted Jim Evans to the role of senior vice president of sales in the US....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a G.H. Mumm prestige cuvee Champagne for the US....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled plans to increase its operations facilities in Scotland by expanding The Glenlivet Distillery and re-opening the Braeval Distillery....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Chivas Brothers has repositioned the Ballantine's 12 Year Old, as part of its strategic investment plan to "rejuvenate the brand"....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends