US: Pernod Ricard launches Malibu melon in US
The company said yesterday (20 April) that Malibu Island Melon will launch in the country's off-trade next month. The variant joins Malibu, Malibu Tropical Banana, Malibu Mango, Malibu Pineapple and Malibu Passion Fruit in the brand's portfolio.
The launch will be backed by a digital campaign aimed at an audience that increasingly turns to the Web to view its favourite television shows. Malibu has developed web films, which will appear on video sites such as Hulu.com and Fox.com, and will promote 'Malibu Island Bowling', a mobile phone application that involves bowling with a melon.
At the same time, an advertising and marketing campaign will run in the US, with Malibu television advertising being adapted to feature Malibu Island Melon, while on-line advertising aon websites and aerial banners will run throughout the summer.
Trade advertising will also run, along with consumer sampling events and a range of on- and off-premise POS, which will be available throughout the spring and summer.
Malibu Island Melon will be available in 1.75-litre, 1-litre. 750ml and 50ml sizes. The 750ml will sell for a suggested retail price of US$12.99.
Earlier this month, Pernod Ricard said that it plans to "consolidate" its Malibu-Kahlúa International subsidiary into The Alsolut Company.
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers unit has launched this year's limited edition bottling of its flagship Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand....
Gruppo Campari will focus on cutting debt for the next 12 months following its acquisition of Wild Turkey Bourbon, but the Italian drinks firm remains on the lookout for fresh acquisition targets in k...
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky and gin business of Pernod Ricard, has promoted Simon Burley to the position of brand director for Beefeater and Plymouth Gin in the UK....
New Zealand Winegrowers has for the first time set a limit on the amount of wine grapes to be harvested, as the trade body attempts to prevent oversupply from cheapening the country's wines on interna...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has launched a new campaign for its Campo Viejo wine brand in the UK, adding weight to company claims that the Spanish wine brand is not for sale....
Pernod Ricard Travel Retail is to launch its limited edition vodka Absolut Rock in UK airports....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends