UK: Pernod Ricard launches Beefeater 24 gin
Beefeater 24, to be launched at a special event in London this Thursday (30 October), will be available in luxury retailers such as Harrods and Harvey Nichols, Pernod said today (27 October).
Nick Blacknell, brand director for London-based Beefeater Gin, said: "Beefeater 24 has been created with today's sophisticated gin connoisseurs in mind. The Super Premium market continues to show strong momentum and offers excellent future growth opportunities making this a great time for us to launch this luxury expression".
Global gin sales have been in decline for the last decade, but the premium segment grew by 4.2% year-on-year between 2005 and 2007, said Chivas, citing IWSR figures. Super premium gin "remains small", but rose by 19 year-on-year from 2005 to 2007, it added.
Beefeater 24 takes its name from its 24-hour steeping process, while also plays on London's reputed 24-hour lifestyle, Pernod said.
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Reluctance by wholesalers and distributors to order in fresh stock, for fear that consumers will not buy, is proving to be the weak spot in drinks companies' handling of the economic downturn in early...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a flavour extension to its Malibu rum brand in the US....
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the Worl...
Pernod Ricard is rolling out its recently-previewed television commercial for Absolut vodka across the world....
Pernod Ricard has launched an ultra-premium, limited edition brand extension for its Martell Cognac brand in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi has declined to comment on a report that it is interested in acquiring a stake in Indian spirits firm Radico Khaitan....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research