USA: Pernod Ricard launches a'bunadh' in US market
Aberlour distillery, owned by French giant Pernod Ricard, has launched its a'bunadh original cask strength single malt, into the US market.a'bunadh, which means "the origin" in Gaelic, is available in the US through Austin, Nichols & Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pernod Ricard, and will retail at around $59.99 a 750ml bottle.The Scotch is bottled at its natural strength and is non-chilled filtered to retain more of the spirits original flavours. A small number of oloroso casks are hand picked for the maturation process.A'bunadh will be available in a green gift carton decorated with die-stamping techniques. The design for the bottle recalls the traditional flasks used by the locals in the 19th Century, when people obtained bottles from their local pharmacy and took them to the distillery to obtain their drams. Jennifer Fritz, the brand manager, said: "a'bunadh with its unique production and design features, is being introduced in part to help satisfy the growing demand of American consumers searching foe something new and exciting in the single malt category."Tasting notes: a'bunadh has a dark orange colour, with a luxurious, powerful nose that has hints of sherry, mint and pralines. The body is full and creamy with a minty palate that has a note of cherries. The finish is of nougat, cherry brandy, ginger and faint smoke.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research