Pernod Ricard launches Absolut, The Glenlivet, Royal Salute in Cuba
Pernod Ricard will launch several products in Cuba this Summer
Pernod Ricard will roll out several brands in Cuba, as it looks to capitalise on the country's growing tourism trends.
The company told just-drinks that its Havana Club International unit, a joint venture with Cuban state-owned Cuba Ron, is to extend its range on the island to include Absolut Citron, Mandrin and Elyx, The Glenlivet 15 & 18 and Royal Salute 21. The products will be available mainly through the on-trade, from this Summer.
"As tourism grows in Cuba, there is more demand for premium international spirits," a spokesperson for the company said. "Thus, it makes sense for us to offer a wider range to Cuban outlets. Cuban bartenders are excited to have more products available as it will contribute to developing their cocktail-making tradition."
The Royal Salute is new to Cuba. Both Absolut and The Glenlivet were already available, however the company is now offering "higher-end expressions". Other Pernod Ricard brands in the market include Jameson, Ricard and Beefeater.
Havana Club International producers its namesake rum on the island. The company is locked in a bitter dispute with Bacardi over rightful ownership of the Havana Club trademark.
Last month, just-drinks spoke at length with Alex Ricard, the CEO of Pernod Ricard. In the first part of our exclusive interview, Ricard considered the group's recent performances in India and China. ...
Pernod Ricard Austria is expected to continue to focus on offering premium quality spirits over the forecast period in order to meet the consumer demand for premium products, and thus move up to the l...
Pernod Ricard’s strategy in Germany will continue to focus on premiumisation and innovation in order to generate added-value....
Pernod Ricard’s strategy is to remain one of the leading players in sales of wine and spirits in the country....
Pernod Ricard (S) Pte Ltd will continue to look at securing good partnerships with key players to further cement its leading position in Singapore....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts