SWEDEN: Pernod Ricard launches Absolut mobile tool
The device, named Drinkspiration, can recommend different cocktails containing Absolut depending on the weather, time of day and venue, Pernod said today (16 July).
Currently available as a free application for iPhone and iPodTouch users, Drinkspiration has been downloaded 43,000 times in Sweden since its launch in the country 13 days ago.
A version created for Google Android, the new rival to the iPhone, will be unveiled later this summer.
"The Drinkspiration application features hundreds of vividly illustrated drink recipes to satisfy every drink preference. The user can browse recipes or get personalized and insightful drink recommendations based on personal taste, location or occasion," said the company.
Users can share their location and real-time drink choices through social networks Facebook and Twitter.
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
Pernod Ricard has reported a 3% drop in like-for-like sales for its fiscal half-year....
Mergers and acquisitions on the UK food and drink sector are set to pick up in 2010 after a collapse in deals in 2009, sector analyst Grant Thornton LLP has predicted....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World