SWEDEN: Pernod Ricard launches Absolut mobile tool
The device, named Drinkspiration, can recommend different cocktails containing Absolut depending on the weather, time of day and venue, Pernod said today (16 July).
Currently available as a free application for iPhone and iPodTouch users, Drinkspiration has been downloaded 43,000 times in Sweden since its launch in the country 13 days ago.
A version created for Google Android, the new rival to the iPhone, will be unveiled later this summer.
"The Drinkspiration application features hundreds of vividly illustrated drink recipes to satisfy every drink preference. The user can browse recipes or get personalized and insightful drink recommendations based on personal taste, location or occasion," said the company.
Users can share their location and real-time drink choices through social networks Facebook and Twitter.
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
Pernod Ricard has reported a 3% drop in like-for-like sales for its fiscal half-year....
Mergers and acquisitions on the UK food and drink sector are set to pick up in 2010 after a collapse in deals in 2009, sector analyst Grant Thornton LLP has predicted....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future