EUROPE: Pernod Ricard issues EUR850m bond
Pernod Ricard has completed the sale of a bond that will net the company EUR850m (US$1.18bn).
The 2%, six-year bond, which was sold earlier this week, marks the first time that the company has sold debt in the Euro bond market since March, 2011. The funds will be used “to pay down bond debt, thus extending the maturity profile of the group’s debt.”
Pernod has a EUR800m bond maturing next year.
Thanks to the rarity value of the sale, there was considerable demand for the paper from European real money accounts. The bond was initially marketed at 'mid swaps plus 95 basis points'. Demand swelled rapidly and books eventually reached EUR3.3bn.
This allowed the bond finally to price at 'mid swaps plus 85 basis points'. This is in line with where the company’s current outstanding bonds are trading.
The bond sale marks a coup for the firm. As planned, Pernod has extended its debt at no additional cost.
The company’s debt is rated Baa3/BBB-.
This week, just-drinks welcomes Fiona Curtin, the senior innovation manager at Heineken's division in Ireland and a just-drinks subscriber....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In this week's quick-fire interview, we talk to Chris Mason, the MD of William Grant & Sons' operations in the UK, Australia, New Zealand & Canada....
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
Spirits in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends