US: Pernod Ricard in Glenlivet golf sponsorship deal
Academy Monday, presented by The Glenlivet, will encompass 90 minutes and three programmes aimed at providing golf instruction, strategy and tips to a US golfing audience, the company said today (4 September).
The sponsored evening, hosted by Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee, will feature 40 weeks of original, instructional programming, which began on 25 August.
The sponsorship will include The Glenlivet-branded programme opens and closes, with a branded set. The Glenlivet also will receive branded golf and Scotch trivia questions, quick tips and lessons interspersed throughout the 90-minute programming block.
Additional billboards will air on Golf Channel throughout each week to promote Academy Monday.
"Academy Monday presented by The Glenlivet represents an incredible opportunity for the brand to reach millions of viewers from our key demographic," said Ron Zussman, marketing director for The Glenlivet, Pernod Ricard US. "This themed night of programming is the perfect vehicle for us to partner and offer something of real value to our core customers."
To say that Ketil Eriksen had to hit the ground running when he became CEO of Absolut six months ago would be an understatement. Overseeing a massive reorganisation and dealing with the effects of the...
Both China and the US have in different ways been exciting growth markets for the drinks sector in recent years but for obvious reasons neither is quite what they were. Chris Losh looks at how both ma...
China's reputation as both a wine market and producer looks to be going in only one direction. Mark Godfrey in Beijing speaks exclusively to consultants, sommeliers, retailers and producers on the gro...
The US economy declined by 6% in the fourth quarter of 2008, more steeply than predicted, as fresh industry figures this week indicate that spirits sales have continued to weaken....
The head of Pernod Ricard's joint rum venture in Cuba has said he is more optimistic of seeing an end to the country's row with the US, following last year's election of Barack Obama as president....
The chief of Havana Club International, Pernod Ricard's joint venture with the Cuban government, has said that there is still no end in sight in the company's long-running legal row with Bacardi....
A cocktail of higher taxes and recession is damaging wine sector growth in the UK and is threatening more job losses across the industry, figures from the Wine & Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) show....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed a deal to sell its InBev USA business, the distributor for Labatt beer in the US, to private equity group KPS Capital Partners....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends