FRANCE: Pernod Ricard hints at more acquisitions
Ricard said that the company's debt should soon be low enough to allow it to consider further acquisitions. Pernod Ricard's share of the Seagram deal, which it split with Diageo, cost some €3.2 billion. The acquisition doubled the group's wine and spirits business but in the process increased Pernod Ricard's debt to €3.7 billion at the end of 2001.
However, the company has now revealed that debt has fallen faster than anticipated, standing at €2.7 billion at the end of June. It now anticipates that net debt should be equal to the company's equity by the end of the year. Ricard said that it "is still a lot but could allow us to do something."
Ricard did not specify where the company might be looking for its next acquisition but managing director, Richard Burrows, hinted that the company would be interested in expanding its wine business.
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends