GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard gives Havana Club music-themed push
The brand will get exposure through the global initiative
Pernod Ricard has launched a new music-orientated global marketing campaign for its Havana Club rum brand.
The initiative, set up by Pernod's Havana Club International JV with Cuba Ron, includes a competition for consumers, DJs and producers giving them the chance to travel to the Cuban capital to record tracks with producer Gilles Peterson and Cuban musicians. A bespoke Facebook application –www.havanaculturamix.com – allows consumers to produce a remix and vote for their favourite tracks.
The campaign is part of the Havana Cultura platform, which has been showcasing contemporary Cuban culture since 2007.
Havana Club Añejo Especial rum expression was relaunched last year with new packaging and a new recipe in a bid to attract whisky drinkers.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team