GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard gives Havana Club music-themed push
The brand will get exposure through the global initiative
Pernod Ricard has launched a new music-orientated global marketing campaign for its Havana Club rum brand.
The initiative, set up by Pernod's Havana Club International JV with Cuba Ron, includes a competition for consumers, DJs and producers giving them the chance to travel to the Cuban capital to record tracks with producer Gilles Peterson and Cuban musicians. A bespoke Facebook application –www.havanaculturamix.com – allows consumers to produce a remix and vote for their favourite tracks.
The campaign is part of the Havana Cultura platform, which has been showcasing contemporary Cuban culture since 2007.
Havana Club Añejo Especial rum expression was relaunched last year with new packaging and a new recipe in a bid to attract whisky drinkers.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits