GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard gives Havana Club music-themed push
The brand will get exposure through the global initiative
Pernod Ricard has launched a new music-orientated global marketing campaign for its Havana Club rum brand.
The initiative, set up by Pernod's Havana Club International JV with Cuba Ron, includes a competition for consumers, DJs and producers giving them the chance to travel to the Cuban capital to record tracks with producer Gilles Peterson and Cuban musicians. A bespoke Facebook application –www.havanaculturamix.com – allows consumers to produce a remix and vote for their favourite tracks.
The campaign is part of the Havana Cultura platform, which has been showcasing contemporary Cuban culture since 2007.
Havana Club Añejo Especial rum expression was relaunched last year with new packaging and a new recipe in a bid to attract whisky drinkers.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report