US: Pernod Ricard gears up for the holiday season
The US unit said yesterday (10 September) that it will launch special packs of Beefeater, Chivas Regal, Jameson, Kahlúa, Martell, Stolichnaya, The Glenlivet, Wild Turkey, Champagne Perrier Jouët and Champagne GH Mumm, with the aim of keeping Pernod brands "top of mind" during the key festive period.
Among the new products are two special presentations for Beefeater Gin. Beefeater's Happy Holidays London Style gift offerings include a 750ml bottle of Beefeater London Dry Gin packaged with two Beefeater-etched glasses and a 1.75-litre bottle of Beefeater packaged with a branded cocktail shaker.
There will also be three value-added holiday packages for Chivas Regal: Chivas 12 Year Old 750ml packaged with two Chivas rocks glasses; Chivas 12 Year Old 1.75-litre packaged with a branded glass decanter; and Chivas 18 Year Old packaged with a branded ice bucket and housed in a wooden box.
For Jameson Irish Whiskey, the 750ml with two Jameson rocks glasses gift pack will be offered again. Pernod Ricard is also launching a Kahlúa Fondue set, and a pack featuring the super-premium Kahlúa Especial 750ml with martini glasses and recipes.
Martell VSOP and Martell Noblige Cognacs will also be available for gift giving in value-added packs featuring Martell branded Cognac snifters. In addition, Martell is offering the ultra-premium Martell Cordon Bleu in a blue lacquer box and Martell XO in a wooden box.
There will also be gift packs for Stolichnaya Vodka, Hiram Walker Schnapps, The Glenlivet and Wild Turkey Bourbon, including a presentation of its super-premium Wild Turkey Rare Breed in a latched wooden box with two branded Rare Breed rocks glasses.
Pernod is also including the Champagne brands, Perrier Jouët and GH Mumm, in its holiday campaign. Champagne Perrier Jouët is once again offering its coffret with a bottle of Perrier Jouët Fleur and two hand-painted Champagne flutes, while a Grand Brut gift set, also featuring two Champagne glasses, is also to be launched.
For the Mumm brand, the company is marketing a Cordon Rouge and two flute gift set; a Cordon Rouge Expedition pack which includes a bottle and two flutes in a travel pack; a 6 x 750ml bottle pack of Cordon Rouge with branded ice bucket; and a 6 x 750ml bottle pack of Cordon Rouge with six Champagne flutes.
Diageo's acquisition of Bushmills Irish Whiskey from Pernod Ricard in 2005 heralded a major change for the brand. As Shivaun Lucey, global brand director, Bushmills, stresses in this month's Just the ...
Recent deals by both Diageo and Edrington underline the growth potential major spirits companies see in the premium rum market. Jessica Harvey examines the latest moves in the context of a growing and...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating upgraded by ING, owing to good results....
Pernod Ricard has promoted Jim Evans to the role of senior vice president of sales in the US....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a G.H. Mumm prestige cuvee Champagne for the US....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled plans to increase its operations facilities in Scotland by expanding The Glenlivet Distillery and re-opening the Braeval Distillery....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Chivas Brothers has repositioned the Ballantine's 12 Year Old, as part of its strategic investment plan to "rejuvenate the brand"....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends