UK: Pernod Ricard follows Constellation, E&J Gallo with UK job cuts
Pernod Ricard UK confirmed today (13 July) that it has started a formal consultation process with staff, with the losses expected to affect its wines and spirits sales, marketing and communication functions.
The restructure is the result of an ongoing operational review at the unit, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks.
The consultation period will last a minimum of 30 days.
Pernod Ricard UK is the latest drinks company to cut jobs in the country. Late last year, Constellation said it had to lose around 50 jobs in the country, blaming recent rises in duty on wine. Then, earlier this year, E&J Gallo said it was planning to cut up to 50 jobs in the UK.
Pernod is due to announce its full-year results on Friday (17 July).
At only 37 years old, Alexandre Ricard's swift ascent on the Pernod Ricard power ladder has turned heads in the industry. His latest role, as CEO of Irish Distillers, has coincided with strong growth ...
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman lifted its full-year profits guidance on Tuesday (8 December), exceeding expectations and moving analysts to raise their fair value estimate on the firm. Miche...
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Comment Pieces of 2009....
Russian Standard has confirmed a change of personnel in the marketing department of its US unit....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets