US: Pernod Ricard eyes US growth with wine unit shake-up
Pernod Ricard has made some staff changes in its US arm
Pernod Ricard's US arm has appointed a new head of wine and champagnes as part of a wider personnel shake-up.
Jeff Agdern, who takes over from Pernod Ricard USA's interim wine and champagnes GM Stephen O’Neill, takes the new title senior VP, wines and champagnes, the group said yesterday (12 November). O’Neill will continue in his role as senior VP, strategy and transformation at Pernod Ricard USA.
Agdern, who will report to Pernod Ricard USA president & CEO Bryan Fry, said: “I am thrilled about the opportunity to lead Pernod Ricard USA wines and champagnes and our ambitious plan for growth.”
He was previously marketing VP at Pernod's Canadian subsidiary Corby Spirit and Wine, where will be replaced by Maxime Kouchnir. Corby, which changed its name last week, said Agdern moved to Pernod on 1 November.
Meanwhile, Mike Hermann will take on the newly-created role of Pernod Ricard USA's VP, sales, wines and champagnes.
Hermann, who leads Pernod Ricard USA’s spirits sales in Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky, will assume the new post at the beginning of next year, the company said.
Jo Adamo, marketing director for media strategy and premium wines at Pernod Ricard Winemakers, has been named VP, marketing, wines and champagnes. Adamo will start on 27 January, Pernod said.
CEO Fry said the appointments signal Pernod Ricard USA’s ambition to “significantly expand” its wines and champagne business over the next five years.
Global market review of the travel retail drinks sector
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....read more
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Canadean's "Corby Distilleries Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile co...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future