US: Pernod Ricard eyes distribution with new posting
Pernod wants to build on its route to market
Jim Green will take on the newly-created VP, commercial & channel strategy role, Pernod Ricard USA said yesterday (17 June). “Our route to market is a key asset, and we must continually enhance the competitive advantage it delivers,” said Pernod USA president & CEO Bryan Fry.
Green will be responsible for developing the company’s distributor model, sales structure, and “route-to-market approach” for the spirits and wines business, Pernod said. He also will "lead the integration" of new partnerships and acquisitions.
Previously, Green, who joined Pernod in 2011, was VP, national customer solutions & activation. He has also held executive positions at Diageo, Marriott and Kodak.
In April, Pernod unveiled a number of personnel changes within its Asia and travel retail units.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Pernod Ricard has readied a global television advert for its Martell Cognac brand....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research