US: Pernod Ricard eyes distribution with new posting
Pernod wants to build on its route to market
Jim Green will take on the newly-created VP, commercial & channel strategy role, Pernod Ricard USA said yesterday (17 June). “Our route to market is a key asset, and we must continually enhance the competitive advantage it delivers,” said Pernod USA president & CEO Bryan Fry.
Green will be responsible for developing the company’s distributor model, sales structure, and “route-to-market approach” for the spirits and wines business, Pernod said. He also will "lead the integration" of new partnerships and acquisitions.
Previously, Green, who joined Pernod in 2011, was VP, national customer solutions & activation. He has also held executive positions at Diageo, Marriott and Kodak.
In April, Pernod unveiled a number of personnel changes within its Asia and travel retail units.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Pernod Ricard has readied a global television advert for its Martell Cognac brand....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015