SOUTH AFRICA: Pernod Ricard extends Olmeca Altos Tequila launch
Pernod is moving Olmeca Tequila into new markets
Pernod Ricard has launched its Olmeca Altos Tequila brand in South Africa.
The brand, which in May underwent a global packaging overhaul, was unveiled at launch events in Cape Town and Johannesburg last week, a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks today (12 August). It is available from this month in the country, the spokesperson said.
Olmeca Tequila's brand manger in South Africa said the company will focus on “educating bartenders about Tequila and illustrating its versatility”.
“We hope to inspire a greater curiosity for Tequila as well as awareness about the product, its origins and the way it is produced,” said Renzo Puccini.
The 100% blue agave Tequila was first launched in selected markets worldwide in 2009.
Last month, Pernod confirmed the departure of the international brand development director of its Mexican operations. Michael Kaller oversaw the Olmeca brand outside of Mexico.
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research