US: Pernod Ricard expands, renews distribution tie-ups
Pernod is upping its ties with Southern Wine & Spirits in the US
The French group's US unit said yesterday (23 April) that it is broadening its relationship with SWS to 33 markets. The new agreement, which takes effect on 1 July, willl see four extra control states added - Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi and Ohio – meaning SWS will be Pernod's exclusive broker in all 17 control states.
SWS will also handle Pernod's wine and spirits portfolio in: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, South Carolina and Washington.
Meanwhile, Pernod has renewed a “long-standing” deal with RNDC. The deal, which also takes effect on 1 July, means RNDC will be the group's exclusive distributor in: Texas, Louisiana, Maryland (including Montgomery County), Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Washington.
RNDC also will sell Pernod's wines in Virginia, and in Georgia and New Mexico under National Distributing Company. The company will also continue to act as an authorised distribution agent for Pernod in Michigan, the companies said.
Financial terms of the new deals were not disclosed.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported a drop in nine-month global group sales as problems in Asian markets, particularly China, persisted.
Being based in the Cuban capital of Havana has its benefits, such as having a swimming pool in front of your office. But, for Jérôme Cottin-Bizonne, head of Havana Club International, the JV between P...
Canadean's "Republic National Distributing Company: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile co...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research