EUROPE: Pernod Ricard expands Absolut Karnival footprint
Absolut Karnival was launched in the Americas in February
Pernod Ricard has launched its limited-edition Absolut Karnival vodka into European Travel Retail.
Karnival, which is already available in selected markets in the Americas, went on sale in seven European airports yesterday (1 April), Pernod said. A marketing campaign will support the launch, starting in Stockholm Arlanda, Amsterdam Schiphol, Frankfurt and Cologne airports as well as in the Nordic Scandlines border store.
Activations will also run next month in London Gatwick South and London Heathrow’s Terminal 3.
Jenny Shipton, Pernod Ricard Travel Retail Europe's marketing director, said: “Absolut limited editions have been a huge success within the Travel Retail channel.”
Pernod describes Karnival as “a tropical flavour perfect for creating refreshing drinks at festivals and celebrations”.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review