ITALY: Pernod Ricard divests Canei production
The company has confirmed this week that it will shift ownership to Canelli Co-operative Wine Growers' Association from 1 November. Pernod Ricard Italia sold the Canei brand to Benelux distribution company Baarsma Wine Group Holding two years ago, but kept hold of the production.
Baarsma subsequently founded Winetracks International to cover marketing and sales of Baarsma-owned brands, including Canei.
"Canei and the town of Canelli have been closely linked for more than 30 years," said the president of the Canelli Co-operative Wine Growers' Association, Roberto Marmo. "We hope we can extend this relationship for at least another 30 years to come."
A ten-year production agreement has also been secured between Winetracks International and the Canelli co-operative for the production of Canei, with the association also taking over the distribution of the brand in Italy.
Financial details behind either of the transactions were not disclosed.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Diageo has lined up the launch of a consumer competition on Facebook for its Bushmills Irish whiskey brand....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends