ITALY: Pernod Ricard divests Canei production
The company has confirmed this week that it will shift ownership to Canelli Co-operative Wine Growers' Association from 1 November. Pernod Ricard Italia sold the Canei brand to Benelux distribution company Baarsma Wine Group Holding two years ago, but kept hold of the production.
Baarsma subsequently founded Winetracks International to cover marketing and sales of Baarsma-owned brands, including Canei.
"Canei and the town of Canelli have been closely linked for more than 30 years," said the president of the Canelli Co-operative Wine Growers' Association, Roberto Marmo. "We hope we can extend this relationship for at least another 30 years to come."
A ten-year production agreement has also been secured between Winetracks International and the Canelli co-operative for the production of Canei, with the association also taking over the distribution of the brand in Italy.
Financial details behind either of the transactions were not disclosed.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Diageo has lined up the launch of a consumer competition on Facebook for its Bushmills Irish whiskey brand....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages