Pernod Ricard details executive shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves UK unit
Pernod Ricard UK's managing director Denis O'Flynn will step down on 1 September
The head of Pernod Ricard's UK unit, Denis O'Flynn, has decided to leave the company.
O'Flynn's departure forms part of a raft of executive changes as the company marks the start of its new fiscal year. O'Flynn, who has been with the company since 2000, will step down in September to return to Dublin to be with his family.
Replacing him in the UK managing director role is Laurent Pillet, currently MD of Pernod Ricard Sub-Saharan Africa. He will report to Christian Porta, chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard EMEA & LATAM. Pillet will also become a member of the EMEA & LATAM regional executive committee (CER).
The following changes will also take place, from 1 September:
- Paul-Robert Bouhier, MD of Pernod Ricard Singapore-Thailand-Cambodia and emerging markets, will take over as MD of Pernod Ricard SubSaharan Africa. Bouhier will become a member of CER, reporting to Porta
- Cedric Retailleau, MD of Pernod Ricard Italia and Pernod Ricard Southern Europe, will succeed Bouhier. He will report to Philippe Guettat, chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard Asia, also becoming a member of the Asian Executive Committee (AEC)
- Albena Trifonova, Pernod Ricard EMEA business development director, will replace Retailleau. In turn, she will be replaced by Christophe Lemarié, MD of Pernod Ricard Hellas. Both Trifonova and Lemarié will report to Porta and will be members of CER
- Reporting to Trifonova, the new MD of Pernod Ricard Hellas will be Cyril Claquin, currently marketing director of Pernod Ricard Rouss and Pernod Ricard Eastern Europe
- Claquin will be replaced by Paul-André Vacheron, director of strategic planning at Pernod Ricard Rouss. Vacheron will report to Philippe Coutin, MD of Pernod Ricard Rouss and Pernod Ricard Eastern Europe, and will be a member of the executive team
- Eric Geffray, Pernod Ricard EMEA business development projects Director, will become MD of Pernod Ricard Norway, reporting to Fabrice Audan, MD of Pernod Ricard Sweden and Pernod Ricard Northern Europe, and will be a member of the executive team
- Michael Merolli, the current MD of Pernod Ricard Norway, is heading to Asia to become marketing director of Pernod Ricard China, and will report in to Jean-Etienne Gourgues, MD of Pernod Ricard China
The company has also announced several other HQ and regional changes, effective 1 July:
- Hélène de Tissot, currently VP of finance for Pernod Ricard Asia, will become group strategy & M&A director at Pernod Ricard HQ, reporting to Gilles Bogaert, MD of finance & operations. She replaces Victor Jerez, whose "evolution will be announced at a later stage", the company said
- De Tissot will be replaced by Ludovic Ledru, currently Pernod Ricard Winemakers' CFO. He will report to Philippe Guettat, chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard Asia, and will become a member of AEC
- Julien Proglio, de Tissot's predecessor, is appointed CFO of Pernod Ricard Winemakers, reporting to the unit's CEO, Bruno Rain. Proglio will become a member of the division's executive team
The announcement follows a number of regional and management changes in Asia and the Americas, announced earlier this month.
Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The recent growth trajectory of non-Scotch whiskies shows no sign of waning in the 2015-20 period, with The IWSR predicting extra sales of some 74m cases over the period. Both US and Irish whiskey ben...read more
Canadean's "Pernod Ricard SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Pernod Ricard SA (Pernod Ricard) is an alcoholic beverage company producing and selling spirits, beer and wine products. The company offers products through various brands including Absolut Vodka, Chi...
Pernod Ricard Austria is expected to continue to focus on offering premium quality spirits over the forecast period in order to meet the consumer demand for premium products, and thus move up to the l...
Pernod Ricard’s strategy in Germany will continue to focus on premiumisation and innovation in order to generate added-value....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits