UK: Pernod Ricard confirms UK channel director changes
The company's unit in the country said yesterday (8 December) that Nick Yates has been named channel director of on-trade spirits, responsible for the company's on-trade commercial spirit strategies across route to market, managed retail, independent and prestige outlets. Yates, who has been with Pernod for 11 years, was formerly business unit controller responsible for leading the company's spirits route-to-market team.
He replaces Simon van Moppes, who assumed the position of commercial director for spirits back in September.
At the same time, Chris Ellis will continue in the role of channel director of off-trade spirits, but with increased responsibility for the wholesale cash and carry channel. Ellis, who has held this position since last year, has been with Pernod in the UK for five years. Prior to joining the unit, Ellis held the role of off-trade director of sales for Holsten UK.
Finally, Lee James has been appointed to the role of channel director for wines, responsible for the company's wine and Champagne sales activities across the convenience, specialist, wholesale cash and carry and on-trade sectors. He will report to Simon Thomas, deputy manager director for Pernod UK with responsibility for the sales and marketing of the company's wines brands.
James, who has been overseeing Pernod UK's wine business in the grocery multiples for more than two years, started his career with Pernod in 2005 as customer development director responsible for category development and customer marketing for wines, spirits and Champagne. Prior to this, he held senior commercial and marketing roles at Allied Domecq and Seagram.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
Pernod Ricard is set to sell off more non-core drinks brands, including Pernod pastis, according to reports....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review