FRANCE: Pernod Ricard confirms chase for Malibu
French-based international drinks group, Pernod Ricard, has confirmed its interest in buying Malibu from Diageo which is selling the rum specialty brand in order to comply with US regulatory stipulations following its joint acquisition with Pernod Ricard of the Seagram drinks business. A Pernod Ricard spokesman said that the company was in talks with Diageo regarding Malibu. Other companies thought to have submitted bids are Fortune Brands and Allied Domecq.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Bacardi sees North America president step down