NZ: Pernod Ricard changes Montana to Brancott Estate
- Montana to become Brancott Estate
- Brand to be an official sponsor for 2011 Rugby World Cup
Montana will be known globally as Brancott Estate from later this year
Montana is already known as Brancott Estate in the US, to avoid consumer confusion about the brand's New Zealand provenance.
The new name refers to the vineyard where the brand created Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc by planting the first commercial grapes in the region around 30 years ago
“Brancott Vineyard is not only the home of Montana’s flagship Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, it is also where Sauvignon Blanc was first planted in Marlborough, New Zealand,” said Pernod's New Zealand MD, Fabian Partigliani.
“The provenance and authenticity Brancott Estate provides, supported by the history, heritage and industry leadership of Montana, offers a brand name with great future potential and this change was a logical choice when we were evaluating our global brand strategy.”
Initially, the bottle will carry a Montana reference at the base of the bottle and a neck collar and sticker.
Pernod also said today that the wine will be an official sponsor of next year's Rugby World Cup, which will be held in New Zealand. Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
“The sponsorship provides the perfect platform to drive global awareness of Brancott Estate as a leading New Zealand wine brand, particularly in key markets such as the UK and Australia and, of course, our home market of New Zealand,” said Partigliani.
Teams representing 20 nations will compete in 48 matches across several host cities during September and October 2011.
Back in April, Pernod said that, for the nine months to the end of March, Montana, which is one of Pernod's 15 strategic brands, saw its value sales come in flat against the same period a year earlier.
The Southern Wine & Spirits unit in the US state of Indiana has appointed a sales manager for its Pernod Ricard-led prestige sales division....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research