CENT. EUROPE: Pernod Ricard calls time on Campari distribution alliance
The drinks giant said late last week that the distribution arrangement with Campari International in the region will end next month, allowing Pernod to "develop the former Allied Domecq brands acquired by Pernod whilst using the strength of the acquired distribution business".
Pernod's southern Central European unit said: "By February, the performance of the wholly-owned and long-term agency brands has been such that Pernod Ricard Southern Central Europe now plans to further increase focus on the wholly-owned and long-term agency brands in the region."
The distribution agreement, which has operated in the region for 14 years, will cease on 30 April.
Pernod's southern Central European region covers Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania and Bulgaria.
Amidst the doom and despond of the economic downturn, Diageo demonstrated its power and resilience by turning in full-year sales and profit growth. In the first of a special, two-part just-drinks inte...
Beam Global Wine & Spirits has finished a busy week trumpeting the opportunity to cease back "full and clear control" of its various businesses....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Scotch whisky group Whyte & Mackay has unveiled a new travel retail director as the group looks to increase its focus on the sector....
Pernod Ricard has signed a new deal for its malt brand The Glenlivet to sponsor a themed night on the Golf Channel in the US....
Pernod Ricard is to take its newly-acquired Vin & Sprit brands, including Absolut vodka, out of the Maxxium Worldwide network next month, prompting a global re-organisation of the distribution venture...
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it is not interested in the Stolichnaya vodka brand....
SPI Group has agreed a deal with advertising giant Ogilvy for the global branding and marketing of Stolichnaya vodka....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report