UK: Pernod Ricard appoints UK spirits marketing director
Pernod Ricard announces promotions in the UK
Venning replaces Vlastimil Spelda, who has moved to become director of Pernod's breakthrough innovation group, an independent unit set up to develop new products globally. A spokesperson for the group told just-drinks today (19 January) that he will be based in Paris.
His appointment is accompanied by promotions for two other members of the Pernod UK team. Operations director Phil Corfield will step up to the UK unit's executive committee, as will Venning. Corfield will keep his current role, which he has held since March 2011.
Meanwhile, Ian Peart has become channel director for the on-trade, stepping up from his previous position as field sales controller for spirits in the on-trade. Peart replaces Nick Yates, who has left the business for personal reasons, a Pernod spokesperson said.
Earlier this week, we ran part one of our interview with the CEO of Remy Martin, Patrick Piana. Here, in the second and concluding part, Piana looks at the emerging markets as well as the mature marke...
In the whisky category, it would appear that, while the big are getting bigger, the small are getting... more proliferative. This month, Ian Buxton considers the boom in craft distillers and flags up ...
Pernod Ricard has escaped a sanction from the Advertising Standards Authority after the body rejected a complaint over an advert for Chivas Regal blended Scotch whisky. ...
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory