GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard appoints EMEA wine development manager
Lee James, Pernod's channel director for wine at its UK unit, is set to assume the role, the company confirmed earlier this week. James replaces Angus Barnes, who is returning to Australia to assume a “senior marketing role” within Pernod, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks yesterday (4 April).
Lee, who has been with Pernod for around seven years, will be responsible for the development, in conjunction with the local distributors, of Pernod's wine brands across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He will be replaced in the interim by Simon Thomas in the UK. Thomas, the deputy MD for wine at the division, will assume day-to-day responsibility for the commercial wine team until a replacement is announced.
The premium wine brands unit is responsible for Pernod's full wine portfolio.
An online row broke out among the Scotch whisky fraternity earlier this month. It all kicked off with the launch of The Macallan Gold from The Edrington Group, and its cousins Amber, Sienna and Ruby, ...
Glazer's has teamed with Premier Wines and Spirits to set up a distribution venture in the US Virgin Islands....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends