Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
Germany is Havana Club rum's top European market
Germany is the top European destination for Havana Club, which increased its market share in the country by 2% to 22% in Pernod's fiscal 2014/15. However, with the thawing of Cuban-US relations, the US could be about to allow the Cuba-made spirit back into the country.
On a call with analysts today, Pernod's head of Europe, Middle East & Africa, Christian Porta, was asked if there was a risk the company would have to lower its Havana Club allocation for Germany if it started shipping to the US.
Porta said: "I have no doubt we will have enough Havana Club rum to continue to grow, even if, or even when, the US market opens to Cuban rum."
This month, the Cuban government called on the US to allow the sale of Havana Club.
Pernod Ricard Austria is expected to continue to focus on offering premium quality spirits over the forecast period in order to meet the consumer demand for premium products, and thus move up to the l...
Stolichnaya owner SPI Group has taken a swipe at brown spirits and craft beer in the latest advert for the vodka's flavour extensions in the US....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research