UK: Pernod Ricard admits "inconsistent" pricing on Plymouth Gin
Plymouth is back on track, according to Pernod
Pernod Ricard has said its Plymouth Gin brand is back on track after fixing a pricing issue that saw it “competing against different brands in different markets”.
Pernod's head of gin JC Iglesias said yesterday (17 March) that, two year's ago, the gin brand's pricing was “inconsistent”. “The challenge was that, in some markets, we were priced in the premium space and, in others, in the super premium. It was hard to have a consistent story,” Iglesias told just-drinks.
“Now, all the elements line up,” he said.
Iglesias was speaking after Plymouth secured a new listing with World Duty Free Group for UK airports. A Travel Retail push for the brand will centre on an activation in London's Heathrow airport that features a copper-style bar.
“Travel Retail is in the top five markets worldwide for super-premium gin, so it's only logical that we are there,” Iglesias said. “And it's a very interesting space. There are only so many retail environments that allow you to create what we call 'truth theatre'. So it's a great place to showcase any super premium brand.”
Pernod inherited Plymouth Gin when it acquired previous owner Vin & Sprit in 2008.
This week, just-drinks welcomes Fiona Curtin, the senior innovation manager at Heineken's division in Ireland and a just-drinks subscriber....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In this week's quick-fire interview, we talk to Chris Mason, the MD of William Grant & Sons' operations in the UK, Australia, New Zealand & Canada....
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review