UK: Pernod releases Mumm prestige cuvee
The drinks giant yesterday (19 June) launched the Cuvée R. Lalou, a 1998 vintage which will be available in the UK from September. The cuvee will be available on allocation only, to gastronomy-focused on-trade outlets and independent retailers at a recommended retail price of GBP100 (US$199.27).
The launch of Cuvée R. Lalou completes the G.H. Mumm range, which has been missing a prestige cuvée since Cuvée René Lalou ceased production in the mid 1980s.
"We fully expect Cuvée R. Lalou to re-establish the credentials of G.H. Mumm's wine expertise at all levels," said Chris Seale, head of Champagnes at Pernod Ricard UK. "Certainly, initial response from key opinion formers and champagne commentators has been extremely encouraging.
"This launch is not about creating a new 'super brand' Champagne. The focus for Cuvée R. Lalou is firmly on the quality of the wine: it's a rich, complex and full-bodied champagne that will appeal to the real wine connoisseur."
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Diageo has unveiled an extension of its Bushmills Irish whiskey stable, to coincide with the first global advertising campiagn for the brand....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Pernod Ricard has kept quiet over speculation that it plans to buy a Ukrainian vodka brand....
Pernod Ricard has unveiled three additions to its Pinot Grigio wine portfolio in the US....
The European Spirits Organisation - CEPS has elected a new president for the next two years....
Pernod Ricard is set to launch a limited edition Martell VSOP Cognac into travel retail in Singapore to support the beginning of a five-year partnership with the Royal Palace of Versailles in France....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages