UK: Pernod refuses to rule out Glenmorangie buy
The French drinks group Pernod Ricard yesterday refused to rule itself out of the running to acquire the Scotch whisky company Glenmorangie, which was put up for sale by it owners earlier this month.
However, joint managing director of Pernod Ricard Richard Burrows yesterday told journalists, while unveiling half year results, that, while he could not comment specifically, he could say that, "any opportunities for external growth that fit in with our strategy are ones we would look at."
He said: "We have set out our strategy very clearly at Pernod Ricard, now we are focussed on wines and spirits, we will grow organically and inorganically," before adding that, "you can see that the premium plus segment is getting attention right now."
Pernod might meet competition concerns to buy Glenmorangie, which could fetch over £300m, due to its large Scotch business already.
Pernod yesterday revealed a hike in first half profits of 4.7% cent to €169m.
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Brown-Forman Corporation has elected Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne to the company's board of directors....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets