UK: Pernod pushes Framingham's New Zealand heritage
Pernod Ricard is updating the design of its New Zealand wine brand Framingham in the UK.
The packaging will be available in the UK from the spring, the company said today (25 April), and will focus on the brand's New Zealand origins.
Centring on the Roman letter 'F', the new look label includes a 'Moko', the Maori art of facial tattooing, constructed in consultation with local Maori authorities.
"When seen from a global perspective, New Zealand and, in particular, the Marlborough region is becoming synonymous with top quality Sauvignon Blanc," said Neil Phillips, Pernod's development brands director. "It is, therefore, very important to convey something uniquely 'New Zealand' in the presentation of the Framingham brand."
The range includes white varietals such as Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Gris and a Gewürztraminer, not currently available in the UK. The range, priced in the UK at GBP8.99-15.00 (US$16.06-26.80), also includes a Pinot Noir and the UK's only New Zealand Montepulciano.
The need for a united front within the whisk(e)y industry on issues like responsible drinking is hitting home but, writes Chris Brook Carter, it is imperative that the industry works together on promo...
Pernod Ricard subsidiary Orlando Wines is reportedly in preliminary discussions to sell one of its two Langhorne Creek vineyards in South Australia....
Pernod Ricard has insisted its four remaining production sites in North America are safe after announcing it plans to close a US distillery. Pernod's US arm will close its site at Lawrenceburg, Indian...
Pernod Ricard will close one of its distilleries in the US after a review of its operations in North America found it had "significant excess capacity" on the continent following the takeover of Allie...
The share ratings of Diageo, Heineken and Pernod Ricard were all upgraded today (20 April) by German broker Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (DKW)....
Driven on by what the company called a "remarkable start of year" for its Asia/ Rest of World business, Pernod Ricard today announced that its first quarter wine and spirit net sales had increase 7% o...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
Pernod Ricard has been conducting talks with Corby Distilleries Ltd in Canada....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer