US: Pernod promotes Evans to senior VP, sales
Evans, who most recently served as sales vice president for Pernod's central division and began his career at E&J Gallo, has worked in the drinks industry for 17 years.
Pernod Ricard USA president and CEO Alain Barbet said: "Jim is a proven executive who has consistently demonstrated strong management skills while leading his teams to excellent results. His extensive experience across the US at both the supplier and distributor level, combined with his detailed knowledge of Pernod Ricard USA, will enable him to effectively partner with our distributors to further increase the momentum behind our premium portfolio."
Evans takes over the role from Ted Roman, who is leaving to "pursue other interests". Roman will remain with the company until the end of the month to assist in the transition. In the meantime, Evans will join Pernod's New York-based executive committee and report to Barbet, the company said.
Evans' successor in the central division is yet to be named.
Pernod Ricard's acquisition of Absolut has once again made the future of Stolichnaya a subject of intense speculation. Pernod had been in negotiations with Russian owner SPI Group about a possible acq...
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Fortune Brands is to stop distributing Absolut vodka in the US this autumn, after agreeing to an early termination of its contract with new owner Pernod Ricard....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky division of Pernod Ricard, has sold its Glendronach distillery to the BenRiach Distillery Company....
Pernod Ricard chief executive Pierre Pringuet has said that Sweden will remain the home of Absolut vodka....
Stolichnaya vodka is to begin a new advertising push in the US, according to Andrey Skurikhin, a minority shareholder in owner SPI Group....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the executive team for its recently-acquired Vin & Sprit Absolut Spirits....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future