US: Pernod promotes Evans to senior VP, sales
Evans, who most recently served as sales vice president for Pernod's central division and began his career at E&J Gallo, has worked in the drinks industry for 17 years.
Pernod Ricard USA president and CEO Alain Barbet said: "Jim is a proven executive who has consistently demonstrated strong management skills while leading his teams to excellent results. His extensive experience across the US at both the supplier and distributor level, combined with his detailed knowledge of Pernod Ricard USA, will enable him to effectively partner with our distributors to further increase the momentum behind our premium portfolio."
Evans takes over the role from Ted Roman, who is leaving to "pursue other interests". Roman will remain with the company until the end of the month to assist in the transition. In the meantime, Evans will join Pernod's New York-based executive committee and report to Barbet, the company said.
Evans' successor in the central division is yet to be named.
Pernod Ricard's acquisition of Absolut has once again made the future of Stolichnaya a subject of intense speculation. Pernod had been in negotiations with Russian owner SPI Group about a possible acq...
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Fortune Brands is to stop distributing Absolut vodka in the US this autumn, after agreeing to an early termination of its contract with new owner Pernod Ricard....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky division of Pernod Ricard, has sold its Glendronach distillery to the BenRiach Distillery Company....
Pernod Ricard chief executive Pierre Pringuet has said that Sweden will remain the home of Absolut vodka....
Stolichnaya vodka is to begin a new advertising push in the US, according to Andrey Skurikhin, a minority shareholder in owner SPI Group....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the executive team for its recently-acquired Vin & Sprit Absolut Spirits....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research