US: Pernod points Tia Lusso axe at Allied
Reports in the UK had suggested that Pernod decided to de-list the ailing brand after completing its takeover of Allied Domecq in July last year.
However, a spokesperson for Pernod's rum and liqueur division, Malibu-Kahlua International told just-drinks: "Tia Lusso was already being discontinued - the decision was taken under Allied Domecq and Pernod decided to support that decision."
She added that Malibu-Kahlua International, set up by Pernod last December, would now focus on its three core brands Malibu rum and coffee liqueurs Kahlua and Tia Maria.
Tia Lusso was launched in 2002 by Allied Domecq to take on category leader Baileys. However, the cream liqueur category on both sides of the Atlantic has stagnated in recent years.
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Pernod Ricard is to acquire Allied Domecq....
As the date for a rumoured offer nears, press reports have today looked at the possible fallout a deal might have....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that it will make an offer for Allied Domecq this week, according to yesterday's press reports....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends