CHILE: Pernod out of Pisco Capel race – report
Pernod Ricard has pulled out of the bidding race for Chile's Pisco Capel, according to local reports.
Chilean newspaper Diario Financiero said yesterday (1 December) that the French group felt that the pisco producer, full name Cooperativa Agricola Pisquera Elqui Ltda., did not meet internal criteria.
"It turned out to be impossible to develop an attractive offer while meeting internal criteria such as return on investment in the set process timeframe," the paper quoted the company as saying.
Citing unnamed sources, the newspaper added that a general management shake-up at Pernod also influenced the decision.
Earlier this year, Chilean reports suggested that Pernod was in a head-to-head battle with Compania Cervecerias Unidas for control of the company. Winery Vina Santa Rita is also thought to be interested in Capel.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Pernod declined to comment directly on the reports.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014