FRANCE: Pernod OKs dividend, changes financial year
The Combined General Meeting of Pernod Ricard, held yesterday in Paris, approved a dividend distribution of €1.96 per share, an increase of 8.9%. An interim dividend of €0.90 was paid on 14 January, while the balance of €1.06 will be payable from 25 May.
Shareholders also approved a proposal by the board of directors, to change the year end, which, in future, will run from 1 July to 30 June. The current year in progress will therefore be extended by 6 months to a period of 18 months from 1 January 2004 to 30 June 2005.
Also, chairman Patrick Ricard was reappointed as a member of the board of directors for a period of four years. Richard Burrows and Pierre Pringuet, both director generals of Pernod Ricard, were appointed as members of the board of directors. They succeed Thierry Jacquillat whose term of office has expired and Jean-Jacques Laffont who died recently.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World