POLAND: Pernod negotiations on Polish vodka hit stumbling block
Pernod Ricard was confirmed by the Polish Treasury yesterday as the sole bidder for 51% of shares in the country's leading vodka distiller and producer of Wyborowa vodka, Polmos Poznan. However, Pernod's fortunes in Poland are not going all its own way. Pernod subsidiary Agros currently holds the export rights to the country's vodkas, which are thought to be a major bargaining chip in the company's efforts to acquire Poznan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends