FRANCE: Pernod launches The Glenlivet Nàdurra
The company's whisky and gin arm, Chivas Brothers, said yesterday (31 October) that The Glenlivet Nàdurra would be launched worldwide following a "warm reception" for the brand in the travel retail sector.
Nàdurra is non-chill filtered and matured in first fill ex-bourbon American oak casks. Chivas described the product as "a bold innovation" in the single malt category.
Neil Macdonald, brand director for Malts at Chivas Brothers, said the lack of chill filtering in the production of Nàdurra is a reflection of the process used by The Glenlivet's founder, George Smith.
"(It) preserves the full flavour of this wonderful malt, giving it more body and a richer texture," Macdonald said. "We know that this is appreciated by consumers as we have seen experienced malt drinkers enthuse about The Glenlivet after sampling Nàdurra."
Nàdurra will first be launched in the US, a key whisky market, and where The Glenlivet is the top-selling single malt.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Bacardi has appointed a new CFO....
Chivas Regal has extended its Chivas Life marketing campaign to cover sailing....
Pernod Ricard has lined up two additions to its Hiram Walker liqueur range in the US....
The head of Pernod Ricard has hinted at a possible successor when he retires from the position next year....
Jameson has launched a travel retail advertising campaign across Europe....
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research