FRANCE: Pernod launches Ricard offensive
Pernod Ricard has launched a marketing campaign for its flagship pastis, Ricard, in an attempt to stem the brand's falling sales.
The French drinks giant this week unveiled a poster campaign in 250 towns and cities around France with the slogan - "Un Ricard. Un vrai!"
Ricard, the world's eighth best-selling global spirits brand and Pernod's top seller by volume, has seen sales fall by an average of 4% a year over the last five years.
The brand is by far the top-selling spirits brand in France with a 14% share of the market - nearest rival Martini has a market share of 5%.
Nevertheless, Pernod has grown concerned at the brand's falling sales and increased competition from low-priced aniseed brands.
"Ricard is more expensive because it is a superior product," Philippe Savinel, Ricard's chief executive told reporters yesterday (22 February).
A major takeover, persistent speculation about further acquisitions and most recently a legal wrangle with a prominent competitor over the ownership of a key brand have made the past year or so fairly...
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017