UK: Pernod launches Merlot wine brand
Pernod subsidiary, Wyndham Estate is to launch a new premium red wine, Bin 999 Merlot, in an effort to reflect "the increasing consumer demand for red wines and the strong growth of the Australian category".
The wine will initially be launched into the UK off-trade, aimed specifically at mulitiple grocers and specialists, retailing at around £6.99.
Sophie Gallois, marketing director for Pernod ricard UK wines said: "we believe that by launching this new varietal, we are adding notable interest to the red wine category and will add extra appeal to the range. Wyndham Estate Bin 999 will offer discerning consumers a real sense of the 'Big Australian Taste' and will increase our presence in a highly competitive market."
In a statement, Pernod also said that Wyndham would be increasing its presence in the UK, with the improved supply of Wyndham's Bin 888 Cabernet Merlot, which ran into problems meeting demand last year.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets