SOUTH AFRICA: Pernod launches Jameson 12-year-old
Jameson 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey has made its entrance into South Africa, which also happens to be Irish Distillers' twelfth largest market.
It was launched at the inaugural Cape Times Waterfront Whisky festival in Cape Town and was expected to sell for just under R250.00.
A spokesperson for Pernod Ricard's local office said the Jameson 12 would be fighting against the likes of Johnny Walker Black Label, Chivas 12 Year Old and Glenfiddich, but was in limited supply.
It would be available to both on and off license dealers.
Pernod Ricard also marketed a standard Jameson whiskey, as well as Powers and Bushmills in its spirits portfolio in South Africa.
"We see huge potential for Jameson 12 Year Old in South Africa - Irish Distillers' twelfth biggest market worldwide," said John Bailie, marketing director for Jameson.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World