FRANCE: Pernod launches global Havana Club campaign
The French drinks giant has in the past focused on Havana Club's Cuban origins but said the brand was "moving a step forward" to promote the "Cuban state of mind" and the "irresistible eagerness to live of Cuban people".
The campaign, which will consist of TV, cinema and print advertising, will have the strapline - "El Culto de la Vida", translated as "cult for life". The first TV ad will be aired in Spain, the largest market for rum in Europe.
The campaign centres on Havana Club 7-year-old, the flagship product in the brand's stable.
Philippe Coutin, general manager for Havana Club International, the joint venture between Pernod and the Cuban government, said: "The creatives generate an original association between a key brand logo component - the red disk - and the iconic Cuban attitude towards life, conveying a legitimate, aspirational image for Havana Club.
"This expressive and exciting imagery will strike a chord with our target market of 25 to 35-year-old men and women," Coutin added.
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
Pernod Ricard has quelled speculation that its talks with Soyuzplodimport have reached an "advanced" stage....
Havana Club International is to launch a brand extension in the UK....
Beam Wine Estates, part of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has announced the appointment of Christopher Lynch as chief marketing officer, with effect from January....
The former chairman of Allied Domecq has joined UK-based wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd....
John Smith's has extended its sponsorship of the Grand National horse race....
Brewing and distilling giant Thai Beverage has posted rising profits for the third quarter of the year - but the jump has failed to arrest a fall in earnings for the year so far....
Corby Distilleries has posted a huge leap in third-quarter income, driven by the sale of its stake in the Tia Maria Group in the period....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends