SWEDEN: Pernod launches Absolut responsible drinking campaign
'Recognise the Moment', which tells consumers it's "important to drink responsibly", will be marketed through interactive mobile, video and social networking channels, giving 'tips and tools' for making responsible decisions, the company said today (10 March).
"Promoting the responsible consumption of alcohol is of paramount importance to Absolut Vodka," said Ketil Eriksen, Absolut CEO.
"By leveraging the innovative nature and iconic influence of the Absolut brand, we believe that we can help consumers think about responsible drinking in a truly unique way."
The vodka company, which was bought by Pernod Ricard last year as part of the French firm's takeover of state-controlled Vin & Sprit, has also produced a web site - www.absolut.com/recognizethemoment as part of the campaign.
"Through Recognise the Moment, we're using new media to provide people with information, tips and tools so that if they choose to consume alcohol, they can do so with responsibility," said Anna Malmhake, global brand director for Absolut.
The recession has prompted trading down in the spirits market, even putting the brakes on the seemingly ever-increasing premium vodka category. With reference to a new IWSR/just-drinks report, Ben Coo...
French spirits group Pernod Ricard will need more than a few headache pills to deal with the tough period ahead. The world's second largest spirits group, behind Diageo, predicted a tough fiscal 2010 ...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has announced a changing of the guard in its board of directors....
Pernod Ricard has posted a lift in full-year sales and profits driven by the acquisition of the owner of Absolut vodka, Vin & Sprit....
Pernod Ricard has announced the appointment of a vice president of spirits marketing at its US unit....
Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet Nadurra Triumph 1991...
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Patrick Piana as the CEO of Rémy Martin Cognac, having lured the 42-year-old from his position at Pernod Ricard USA....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research