UK: Pernod launches Aberlour extension for French travel retail
The company's Chivas Brothers unit said today (3 June) that the whisky, bottled from a single cask, will comprise 96 individually numbered bottles sold only in Aelia stores in Paris, Charles de Gaulle and Nice airports from this month.
France is Aberlour's number one domestic market, the company said, so it is fitting that the release has been reserved for the selected French airports.
This single cask Aberlour was matured in an American Oak barrel, Cask no 4581. The cask was originally filled in May 1975 and has matured for 31 years, developing a "rich, multi-layered character".
Aberlour 31 Years Old will retail for EUR255 (US$396) (duty free) and EUR280 (duty paid).
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Jameson has signed a deal to become the title sponsor of the Empire Awards 2009 in the film magazines 20th anniversary year....
Morrison Bowmore is to re-release the 1957 vintage of its Auchentoshan single malt, which will retail at £2,500 (US$3,837) per bottle....
The SPI Group has secured distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka brand in the UK and Greece....
A U-turn by the UK government on this week's alcohol duty increase has split the spirits and wine industries in the country....
Diageo has confirmed reports that it has won a piracy case in China....
Tilaknagar Industries has lined up the construction of a new distillery in the Maharashtra region of India, according to local reports....
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD