UK: Pernod invests in Tia Maria in UK
The company said today (11 April) that it has invested over GBP1m (US$2m) this year on the 'Deliciously Unexpected' campaign involving the sponsorship of Living TV's show 'Army Wives' as well as print advertising in women's lifestyle magazines.
The television and print advertising aims to reflect "the aspirations of the modern-day 25-35 year old woman" and will run in issues of Red, InStyle, Eve, Elle, Marie Claire, Glamour and Cosmo, the company said.
Pernod Ricard UK head of marketing Pat Venning said: "This investment marks the biggest integrated campaign for the brand under our ownership and will reinforce Tia Maria's relevance as a sociable and mixable spirit for today's modern woman. This new TV sponsorship allows us to appeal to Tia Maria's style-conscious, predominantly female target audience by creating a positive association with a compelling lifestyle show that they enjoy and look forward to at the end of the day."
The company added that the campaign boosts the recently up-weighted investment behind Tia Maria, which will continue throughout next year. Previous activity has included television sponsorships with 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'Dirty Dancing - The Time of Your Life' to support the launch of new packaging for the brand last year.
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a consumer advertising campaign for The Glenlivet range in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Fortune Brands has completed its deal to buy Cruzan rum from Pernod Ricard, as the French wine and spirits giant officially exits the Maxxium venture....
Any lingering doubts that we have wandered into a financial quagmire can now be dispelled. The question is how far down we will sink....
A $700bn government bailout designed to prop up financial markets is vital for the US business climate, president George W Bush has said ahead of a crucial vote in Congress....
The economic downturn in the US has hit on-trade sales of some Pernod Ricard drinks brands, as more consumers drink at home, the French company has confirmed....
Chivas Brothers has appointed Publicis to handle the global advertising for The Glenlivet as part of an agency realignment for the company....
Scotch whisky group Whyte & Mackay has said its performance for the year looks "very healthy", offering more evidence that Scotch has bucked an economic downturn....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018