CHINA: Pernod hits paper with lawsuit over whisky claims
The French drinks giant, alongside its whisky arm Chivas Brothers, has launched a lawsuit against International Finance News. In January, the newspaper claimed that the Chivas Regal 12-Year-Old whisky sold in China was in fact a blend of younger and inferior whiskies.
Chivas Brothers dismissed the allegations today (24 May) as "false and irresponsible". The company added: "We emphasise once again that Chivas Regal 12-Year-Old is a premium quality brand blended with malt and grain Scotch whiskies, each of which has been aged for 12 years."
Chivas said that the making of Chivas 12-Year-Old was subject to "strict" UK and EU regulations and that the whisky sold in China "complied fully" with those - and Chinese - regulations.
A hearing is understood to be scheduled for the middle of June.
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) has had to postpone its plans to publish self-regulatory guidelines on drinks sponsorship because of a failure to find consensus on the subject. Ben ...
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
Pernod Ricard has quelled speculation that its talks with Soyuzplodimport have reached an "advanced" stage....
Havana Club International is to launch a brand extension in the UK....
Beam Wine Estates, part of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has announced the appointment of Christopher Lynch as chief marketing officer, with effect from January....
The former chairman of Allied Domecq has joined UK-based wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd....
John Smith's has extended its sponsorship of the Grand National horse race....
Corby Distilleries has posted a huge leap in third-quarter income, driven by the sale of its stake in the Tia Maria Group in the period....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review