EUR: Pernod halts Remy’s Metaxa distribution
The company said today (21 April) that, from 30 June, it shall cease to distribute Metaxa products across Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania & Bulgaria.
The company added that, by February, the performance of the brands has been such that it now plans to "further increase focus" upon those brands in the region.
Last month, Pernod announced plans to cease distribution of Campari International's brands in southern Central Europe. The distribution arrangement with in the region will end this month.
Nobody from Pernod was available for comment when contacted by just-drinks today (21 April).
The strong growth in the US market for wines and spirits is certain to be checked by the financial crisis. But Chris Losh found wines and spirits companies to be relatively sanguine about the US in sp...
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a consumer advertising campaign for The Glenlivet range in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Fortune Brands has completed its deal to buy Cruzan rum from Pernod Ricard, as the French wine and spirits giant officially exits the Maxxium venture....
Any lingering doubts that we have wandered into a financial quagmire can now be dispelled. The question is how far down we will sink....
A $700bn government bailout designed to prop up financial markets is vital for the US business climate, president George W Bush has said ahead of a crucial vote in Congress....
The economic downturn in the US has hit on-trade sales of some Pernod Ricard drinks brands, as more consumers drink at home, the French company has confirmed....
Chivas Brothers has appointed Publicis to handle the global advertising for The Glenlivet as part of an agency realignment for the company....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review