UK: Pernod gives Campo Viejo ad push
The press push marks the first ad campaign for the brand since 2001.
The campaign will comprise three executions, which Pernod said has been designed to challenge popular perceptions of Rioja. The straplines include: 'Tapas not required'; 'Rioja with a hint of oak not a sideboard full' and 'Who says you can't make Rioja from velvet?'
"The advertising campaign aims to break the perceptions that consumers currently have of Rioja - such as heavy, oaky, only for special occasions - and demonstrate to them that Campo Viejo is a Rioja like no other; it is more approachable and has a bit of an edge," said Adrian Atkinson, Pernod UK's wine development director.
"We have embraced new techniques to create brighter, fruitier styles for the modern palate to ensure that consumers can enjoy our Campo Viejo wines."
The executions will run in two bursts from mid-October to the beginning of December, and then with a second burst next year.
The Campo Viejo range is available nationwide at between GBP4.99 (US$9.37) and GBP11.99.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Pernod Ricard has lined up two additions to its Hiram Walker liqueur range in the US....
The head of Pernod Ricard has hinted at a possible successor when he retires from the position next year....
Jameson has launched a travel retail advertising campaign across Europe....
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a fresh advertising campaign for Stolichnaya in the US....
A major shareholder in Pernod Ricard has upped its stake in the French drinks giant....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report