UK: Pernod gives Campo Viejo ad push
The press push marks the first ad campaign for the brand since 2001.
The campaign will comprise three executions, which Pernod said has been designed to challenge popular perceptions of Rioja. The straplines include: 'Tapas not required'; 'Rioja with a hint of oak not a sideboard full' and 'Who says you can't make Rioja from velvet?'
"The advertising campaign aims to break the perceptions that consumers currently have of Rioja - such as heavy, oaky, only for special occasions - and demonstrate to them that Campo Viejo is a Rioja like no other; it is more approachable and has a bit of an edge," said Adrian Atkinson, Pernod UK's wine development director.
"We have embraced new techniques to create brighter, fruitier styles for the modern palate to ensure that consumers can enjoy our Campo Viejo wines."
The executions will run in two bursts from mid-October to the beginning of December, and then with a second burst next year.
The Campo Viejo range is available nationwide at between GBP4.99 (US$9.37) and GBP11.99.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Pernod Ricard has lined up two additions to its Hiram Walker liqueur range in the US....
The head of Pernod Ricard has hinted at a possible successor when he retires from the position next year....
Jameson has launched a travel retail advertising campaign across Europe....
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a fresh advertising campaign for Stolichnaya in the US....
A major shareholder in Pernod Ricard has upped its stake in the French drinks giant....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research