UK: Pernod gives Campo Viejo ad push
The press push marks the first ad campaign for the brand since 2001.
The campaign will comprise three executions, which Pernod said has been designed to challenge popular perceptions of Rioja. The straplines include: 'Tapas not required'; 'Rioja with a hint of oak not a sideboard full' and 'Who says you can't make Rioja from velvet?'
"The advertising campaign aims to break the perceptions that consumers currently have of Rioja - such as heavy, oaky, only for special occasions - and demonstrate to them that Campo Viejo is a Rioja like no other; it is more approachable and has a bit of an edge," said Adrian Atkinson, Pernod UK's wine development director.
"We have embraced new techniques to create brighter, fruitier styles for the modern palate to ensure that consumers can enjoy our Campo Viejo wines."
The executions will run in two bursts from mid-October to the beginning of December, and then with a second burst next year.
The Campo Viejo range is available nationwide at between GBP4.99 (US$9.37) and GBP11.99.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Pernod Ricard has lined up two additions to its Hiram Walker liqueur range in the US....
The head of Pernod Ricard has hinted at a possible successor when he retires from the position next year....
Jameson has launched a travel retail advertising campaign across Europe....
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a fresh advertising campaign for Stolichnaya in the US....
A major shareholder in Pernod Ricard has upped its stake in the French drinks giant....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends