FRANCE: Pernod gets go-ahead for Agros takeover
Pernod Ricard announced today that its planned takeover of Polish company Agros has been given the go-ahead by the Warsaw stock market authorities (KPWIG).
In a statement, the company said the KPWIG has issued a favourable opinion allowing Santa Lina (Pernod Ricard Group) to exceed a new threshold in the control of the Polish company Agros.
According to Polish regulations, this results in the launch of a takeover bid for the entire capital of the company.
Santa Lina has offered to acquire the shares of the Agros company at a price of 41.50 zlotys (10.90 euros) per share. The Pernod Ricard group already controls 37% of Agros's capital and 74% of the voting rights.
Under the terms of a recent agreement, a group of minority shareholders has undertaken to contribute 37.4% of the share capital to Santa Lina within the framework of this takeover, upon receiving the authorisation.
Agros generates sales of 282 million euros. The company has decided to restructure its activities around two strategic divisions: Agros Fortuna (processing of fruits and vegetables into brand products) and the exporting of spirits, notably Wyborowa vodka.
The company recently sold its Milejow and Pinchow activities, with the purchasers keeping on all of the personnel.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018