FRANCE: Pernod FY sales lift despite wine slowdown
The France-based wine and spirits giant said today (26 July) that net sales in the year to the end of June rose by 6.2% year-on-year, reaching EUR6.4bn (US$). In organic terms, sales were up 9.1% in organic terms, with a negative foreign excahnge effect of -2.8%.
While the spirits portfolio rose by 11%, the wine business performed less impressivley, increasing by only 1.3% on 2005/2006.
Asia/Rest of the World led the company's regions in growth, lifting 9.7% to EUR1.9bn, with Martell Cognac and Pernod's whisky portfolio performing well. The Americas delivered growth of 5.4%, coming in at EUR1.78bn. While Europe saw sales lift by 4.5% to EUR2.1bn, Pernod's home market of France was up by 4.2% to EUR682m.
"2006/2007 was a further year of very strong growth for Pernod Ricard which witnessed progress by all strategic brands," said company chairman and CEO, Patrick Ricard. "The great success of our premium brands and our rapid growth in emerging countries were the two principal drivers of this performance and should ensure continued vigorous growth for the year in progress."
Pernod concluded by forecasting growth in annual net profit to come in slightly in excess of initial guidance of 20%, on a constant foreign exchange basis.
It is the results season, so attention is focused on the major public drinks corporations as they give their shareholders the good or bad news. But Patience Gould believes that in an industry where ta...
Few companies felt the shockwave of Allied Domecq's sale more than Corby Distilleries. But the Canadian company has shrugged off the doubts and concerns about its future to emerge a stronger and more ...
Pernod Ricard’s annual results briefing last week suggested the company has consigned the Allied Domecq deal to history. No more talk of bedding down and integration. The emphasis was firmly on the fu...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The auction for Vin & Sprit has begun, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard has posted a healthy lift in sales for the first half of its fiscal year....
Pernod Ricard has refused to be drawn on whether it has submitted a preliminary bid for Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish authorities have warned that the current turbulence on global markets could slow the sale of Vin & Sprit....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends